Frequently Viewed Business Pages

Shop Bonney Lake


Current Projects


Design Standards


Find Public Records

  You Are Here: Home: Business: Business Licensing and Permitting: Public Works Permits
The Permit Center is closed to the public on Fridays.

Permit Center Office hours are
8:30am - 5:00pm
Monday - Thursday

Use Online Permit Services to check permit status, schedule inspections, and more.
General Information

All permits must be initiated by email to the Permit Center - contact the Permit Center Lead
The Civil Construction Permitting process was incorporated into the Bonney Lake Municipal Code per Ordinance 1432 in 2012. BLMC Chapter 15.36 provides a process for inspection of civil construction activities to ensure an effective and functional water system, sewer system, transportation system, and stormwater and drainage system. 

A civil improvement permit is required for the following construction activities:
  » Grading and Filling
  » Underground infrastructure for automatic fire extinguishing systems
  » Grease interceptors
  » Sanitary sewer and water extensions within rights-of-way
  » Roadway extensions
  » Short Plats
  » Preliminary Plats
  » Improvement inspections


Permit Types 
See also: Forms Page

Payment for permits may be made through our Online Payment System.
Civil Permit Application For grade and fill permit, traffic impact analysis, traffic scoping letter, and/or infrastructure plan review for a short plat, long plat, multi-family, or commercial/retail project.

Civil Permit Resubmittal

Use to re-submit a Civil Permit application.

Certificate of Sewer Availability

A Certificate of Sewer Availability (CSA) is required to receive sewer service at your property. This is only required for new construction, not for transfer of ownership of a new property which already has utilities available.

To set up or change a utility billing account, please visit the
Utilities page or call (253) 447-4317.

Certificate of Water Availability

A Certificate of Water Availability is required to receive water or sewer service at your property. This is only required for new construction, not for transfer of ownership of a new property which already has utilities available.

To set up or change a utility billing account, please visit the
Utilities page or call (253) 447-4317.

Encroachment Permit

Required for any intrusion, irrespective of height or size, into a sidewalk, street, or other public right-of-way, including, but not limited to, fill material, retaining walls, rockeries, woody plants and trees either deliberately planted or growing from adjacent property, or any other material or structures.

Road Approach / Right of Way Application


Required when performing work in the right of way, such as tapping for water and sewer service, installing gas, power, and communication services, performing street light installation, and installing road approaches, curb and gutter, and sidewalks.

Single Family Residential Infiltration System Application

For information on the Single Family Building Permit see our Building Permits page.

The purpose of the single family residential infiltration system application is to guide a residential building permit applicant through the design of an infiltration system (one acceptable method of stormwater runoff quantity and quality control). In a typical system, stormwater is collected from all newly created impervious surface areas (typically roof tops and driveways in residential development) and diverted to an approved stormwater management facility. With an approved facility on-site, impacts to downstream properties and natural resources are reduced. In an infiltration system, stormwater is stored in an underground trench and gradually released into the ground. With the assistance of a licensed professional to complete a soil evaluation report and determine the on-site soil infiltration rate, the applicant can complete the single family residential infiltration application.

Single family residential construction often has a negative effect on the environment. Typical construction practice consists of stripping the building site of all vegetation, and in many cases, the topsoil. This leaves the site very susceptible to severe erosion from rainfall, winds and off-site tracking of soil. Sediment from eroding soils clogs storm sewers and ditches, detention and infiltration systems and fills our bays, river channels, streams, lakes and wetlands. Through the application of Best Management Practices (BMPs), sediment and runoff from construction sites can be controlled.

The construction of a single family residence reduces the amount of vegetation and topsoil on a site available to absorb rainfall. The construction project adds impervious surfaces, such as roofs and driveways, which prevents natural infiltration. It is necessary to control this extra runoff to prevent flooding, sediment transport and other problems. Various methods are used to control stormwater runoff from a site after a single family residence is constructed (post-construction).

   253-447-4356 - Administrative Specialist

9002 Main Street East
Bonney Lake, WA 98391
Mailing Address
Attn: Permit Center
City of Bonney Lake
P.O. Box 7380
Bonney Lake, WA 98391

Copyright © 2010 City of Bonney Lake. All Rights Reserved | For Staff | Disclaimer | Privacy | Sitemap