The City of Bonney Lake is seeking applications for volunteer membership on the Bonney Lake Arts Commission.
One regular (non-student) position (Position #4) is currently open. The Arts Commission regularly meets the 4th Wednesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. The term is for 3 years. The Commissioner will be appointed by the Mayor.
To apply, submit the application for membership – available at the City Clerk’s office and on the City’s website at www.ci.bonney-lake.wa.us/section_government/committees/index.shtml
You can learn more about the Arts Commission and view meeting agendas on our website. The duties of the Arts Commissioners are to:
- Keep the Mayor and City Council informed in matters of both visual arts (e.g. painting, printmaking, photography, crafts, sculpture, mixed media, new media), film making) and performing arts (e.g. music, dance, theatre);
- Serve as the official body and point of contact to whom individuals and groups may bring their concerns and ideas with regard to the arts;
- Solicit volunteer support and encourage public participation in the implementation and operation of arts programs;
- Serve as a liaison to the business community, service groups, arts organizations, schools, citizens and artists in regards to the selection, placement, maintenance, and enjoyment of art.
- To encourage and, if possible, garner donations, grants or other support to the City to further expand artistic and cultural programs and services for the citizens of Bonney Lake;
- To provide local artistic and cultural services to the citizens of Bonney Lake by making expertise available to the City and its citizens on the subjects of visual and performing arts, especially as those artistic endeavors may be used to influence the use of public art in public spaces.
- To advise the Mayor and City Council concerning the purchase of works of public art to be placed on municipal property.
- To review all proposed donations of public art to ensure that such donations are consistent with the goals of the City;
- Encourage multi-age working, sharing, learning and teaching in the arts;
- Provide recognition and encouragement to local artists, both those established and those as yet unrecognized;
- Such other and further responsibilities as may be assigned to the Commission by the Mayor or City Council, from time to time;
- The purview of the Commission shall not include duties or responsibilities related to the operation or maintenance of the City’s parks or special events, including but not limited to events such as Bonney Lake Days, Tunes @ Tapps, Kids Club, Friday Night Flicks, etc.