Crime Prevention Tip of the Month
- Always walk on sidewalks or paths.
- Cross streets in designated crosswalks.
- Teach children to make eye contact with the drivers before crossing in front of them.
- Enter and exit driveways cautiously.
- Eliminate distractions in your vehicle and focus on the road.
- Take extra time to look at intersections, be observant.
- Decorate costumes with reflective tape or stickers.
- Choose face paint instead of masks which can obstruct the child’s vision.
- Have kids carry glow sticks or flashlights to help them see and be seen.
- Do not allow children under 12 years of age to trick-or-treat without parent supervision.
- Check treats for signs of tampering before your child is allowed to eat it. Candy should be thrown away if the wrapper is torn or faded.
- Twice as many child pedestrians are killed on Halloween night than on any other night of the year.